Super hero name?
What is your superpower?
We developed a monitoring system that promptly detects fire outbreaks in forests, plantations, and protected areas. It also monitors human activity which is responsible for most fire outbreaks. This system reduces losses by 90% thereby protecting life, the environment, and crops.
What SDG is your organization integrating into its core competency?
SDG 13 – Climate Action by reducing forest fires and CO2 emissions
SDG 15 – Life on Land by avoiding wildfires and protecting the land
Every hero has a villain – what challenges do you or your targeted group face?
Climate change deniers, dirty politicians, land-grabbers, pyromaniacs, gold diggers, and wicked miners acting on native lands.
What are you doing to overcome your villain?
First of all don’t get into any direct combat with then. Do not make their names a trend on social media. Let their talk disappear on its own. Protect and activate fire brigades as fast as we can. Improve our code, raise the bar of the technology, and help institutions, NGOs and public sector with real time information to act against environmental crimes and fire outbreaks.
Who is your hero and why?
Henry David Thoreau – One of the first Green Libertarians. Such an inspiration for me.
- Company name: Sintecsys
- Company type: Corporation (Startup)
- Company stage: Scaling
- SDG Focus: SDGs #13 and #15
- What is needed to succeed?
- Funding from green bonds, SDG ventures, and climate ventures.
- Private sector environmental budget compensations to monitor and protect all biomes threatened by human action and fire.
- Partnerships and integration with other climate techs to provide a multi level solution platform in order to move from reactive mitigation, to preservation and protection. In the future we don’t want fires to even start so we can reach “ZERO DEFORESTATION LEVEL”.
- Technology used: A.I, weather stations, satellite data
- Number of employees: 21
- Country: Brazil
- Website: https://sintecsys.com/
Visit our SDG Tech Awards Denmark 2019 page, where we celebrated other SDG Super Heroes and sustainable solutions in technology!