What is your superpower?
Danish AM Hub wants to change the world view on production by spreading the message of a new and sustainable way of production with additive manufacturing. We strive to work as the rallying point to gather both people and knowledge. Through this, we promote new, sustainable methods of production.
What SDG is your organization integrating into its core competency?
At Danish AM Hub we work with several of the SDGs, including:
SDG #8: Decent Work and economic Growth
SDG #9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure is a main focus for our work as we believe technological progress is key to lasting solutions for the economic and environmental challenges faced today.
SDG #11: Sustainable cities and communities
SDG #12: Responsible consumption and production
SDG #17: Partnerships for the Goals. We use this to achieve, spread and promote the knowledge of additive manufacturing through partnerships and cooperation.
Every hero has a villain – what challenges do you or your targeted group face?
Our villain is the conventional mindset of production and the way in which we have produced for the last 200 years. The conventional mindset of producing is in regard to economy of scope instead of economy of scale. Our society is built on industrialization, which needs to change in order to overcome climate change and the overuse of planet earth. This is a massive change. Introducing new technology such as additive manufacturing/3D printing should make the road ahead easier to overcome. Furthermore, national and international cooperation is a continuous challenge we work to overcome.
What are you doing to overcome your villain?
We aim to spread successful stories as we gather people to inspire one another nationally and internationally. We challenge technology and inspire new business models, and we strive to always do things a little differently than previously. By doing so, we force ourselves internally to challenge our own mindsets, as well as our approach to solving problems.
Who is your hero and why?
The Ellen MacArthur Foundation aims to build a framework for an economy that is a regenerative by design, and has managed to create a whole movement among the generation they strive to inspire.
• Collaborative Fund is a venture capital fund investing in technology start-ups and works in the intersection of for-profit and for-good.
• World Economic Forum are excellent communicators in spreading their messages about the grand challenges in the world and the sustainable solutions.
- Company name: Dansk AM Hubr
- Company type: Philanthropic Fund
- SDG Focus: SDGs #8, #9, #11, #12 & #17.
- What is needed to succeed: A common international mindset and a movement led by an understanding of the necessity of such. Competencies and educational focus within additive manufacturing and 3D printing.
- Technology used: Our digital platform Additive manufacturing/3D print, and algorithms for generative design.
- Impact: We strive to reach and inspire all small- and medium-sized businesses in Denmark to place Denmark on the worldmap of additive manufacturing.
- Number of employees: 8
- Country: Denmark
- Website: https://am-hub.dk