Super hero name?
Ana Carolina Clivatti Ferronato
What is your superpower?
NetWord Agro allows a reduction about 40% in the use of fertilizers and pesticides, since only the real needs of each field are applied, thus reducing production costs per hectare, improving the productivity, raising the profitability per hectare and increasing the sustainability in agribusiness.
What SDG is your organization integrating into its core competency?SDG 2 – Zero hunger SDG 3 – Good Health and Well-being SDG 6 – Clean water and sanitation SDG 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth SDG 9 – Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure SDG 12 – Responsible consumption and production SDG 13 – Climate Action SDG 15 – Life on Land
Every hero has a villain – what challenges do you or your targeted group face?
The use of agricultural defensives (herbicides, pesticides and other chemicals) indiscriminately, the high production costs and low productivity on the fields. When we think about traditional agriculture, we have chemicals sprayed on land with only respecting calendars and not looking to what the plants really need, it has an impact on the land, water, air, people who live around the fields and it impacts the plants themselves, which then become our food.
What are you doing to overcome your villain?
We monitor and inform the incidence points of pests, diseases and weeds for georeferenced application of defensives only where the problem is identified, reducing the use of agricultural defensives (pesticides, herbicides and other chemicals) around 40%, lowering production costs, improving productivity in function of identifying the agents that cause damage to the crop before the damage is done and increasing the farmers’ profitability. Thus, NetWord Agro generates a conscious and sustainable use of the land.
Who is your hero and why?
The United Nations. When I think about the UN all that comes to my mind is cooperation, people concerned about our planet and population, all of which are my life goals as well. When the 2030 agenda for sustainable development was launched it became clear to me how countries can provide good and healthy conditions to people. With the SDGs they have a guide, they know what to do. NetWord Agro has exactly the same purposes as the UN SDGs.
- Company name: NetWord Agro
- Company type:Private Limited Company
- Company stage: Scaling
- SDG Focus: SDGs #2, #3, # 6, #8, #9, #12, #13, #15
- What is needed to succeed? We need Sales and operation partners worldwide. With our solution we are able to process the information from any place in our servers, so, with these partners operating in all agricultural areas all over the world we can scale and turn agribusiness each day more and more sustainable.
- Technology used: Our technology is proprietary based on mathematical modeling and AI – artificial intelligence that allows the identification of the agents that cause the damage (pests, diseases and weeds) before the damage is done.
- Number of employees: 15
- Country: Brazil
- Website: http://www.networdagro.com.br