Sustainary is committed to respect and protect your personal data. In compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter ‘GDPR’), this privacy statement sets out the basis on which we will process any personal information that we may collect about you. We therefore ask you to read this privacy statement carefully.
Sustainary is committed to protecting your personal information, we collect only the personal information needed to interact with you or that we are required to collect by law and we take all the relevant protection measures.
1. The information we collect about you and why
When you visit our website, Sustainary and its service provider (A2Hosting) may collect personal information from you. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
Sustainary collects personal information that you provide, such as your name, organisation name (if applicable), email address, phone number, postal address, bank or billing information (if applicable).
We may collect and store personal information
- That you give us by using our website, subscribing to newsletters, contacting us, becoming a member or affiliate, or via social media and campaigns.
- That our website collects about you for statistical purposes, for instance marketing research. This statistical data helps us to monitor our products effectiveness.
We may collect personal information for
- Communication purposes (news for the website, newsletters, social media campaigns, publications, videos)
- Membership purposes
- Research related to Sustainability education
2. For how long we intend to retain your data
Sustainary intends to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. We will delete the information that we hold about you when they are no longer of use or sooner upon your request, unless we have a legal obligation to retain it for a longer period. We may keep personal data for a longer period of time in case this data is of public interest, or because of historical or scientific research.
We keep all personal information related to a financial transaction, securely saved in our accounting and contact database, for as long as we have an active relationship and thereafter, for as long as we are legally held to keep this information for auditing purposes. Membership and partnership contacts that have not materialised or are no longer active will be kept for one year for follow-up.
Personal information collected in the context of membership will be kept on our internal network drive for two months for follow-up.
3. System information we may collect from you and how we use it
Through Google Analytics, we collect system information for administration and statistical purposes. System information refers to data such as information about your computer or device, including your IP address.
4. Your rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- You have the right to be informed and to get access the personal information.
- You can require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or you can require that we delete information about you.
- You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information and require them to be deleted.
- The right to data portability
If you would like us to remove your information from our mailing list, you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email we sent to you or contact us as set out below.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the body regulating data protection in your country.
5. Third party disclaimer
We are only responsible for the personal information we collect. We do not transfer data to third parties, besides data that is automatically processed by service providers.
6. Questions and Data Subject Access Requests
Should you have any questions about this policy or about the personal information we hold about you, or if would like to modify the personal information you have previously provided us, please email us at email@example.com